Every year we look forward to the Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade to kick off the holiday season. But fun always comes at a price, right? Of course, what’s a parade without some road closures. So, to make sure you either have the information to enjoy the parade, or to stay clear of the potential problem areas, here is all the information you will need.
Street Closures and SEPTA Information
Street closures will begin on Wednesday, November 21 and continue until mid-day Thursday, November 22. The following streets will be affected:
- JFK Boulevard from 19th Street to 30th Street (both sides)
- 20th Street from Market Street to the Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- Arch Street between 19th Street and 22nd Street
- Race Street between 16th Street and 17th Street
- 17th Street from Vine Street to Race Street
- The Eastbound lanes of Vine Street from 15th Street to 17th Street
All SEPTA buses, subways, trolleys, and trains will be running on a holiday schedule.
For additional information you can check out this great post here for the scoop: http://www.examiner.com/article/philadelphia-thanksgiving-day-parade
Or, you can take a look at the official site here: http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wpvi/html/thanksgivingdayparade2012.html
We hope you have a great Thanksgiving from Tango Traffic.